NATIONAL INTERNAL AFFAIRS TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
This 5 day IA Conference is intended for persons who are involved in investigating, adjudicating, overseeing, and auditing Law Enforcement Internal Affairs and Administrative Investigations. Persons involved in law enforcement risk management and human resources will be given insight into these complex and critical investigations. Seasoned veterans, as well as, newly assigned personnel will be able to learn from these presentations.
WHY GET AN IA CERTIFICATION?
The purpose of a Professional Internal Affairs Certification is to demonstrate and guarantees that a person who holds this credential has met the highest standards of Academics, Professional and Ethical standards training. Certification credentials also speak to a commitment to the Internal Affairs profession and a dedication to ongoing continuing education.
A Professional Internal Affairs Certification is the recognition of individuals who have demonstrated through a standardized assessment that they meet defined qualifications within the Internal Affairs profession.
THE INTERNAL AFFAIRS CERTIFICATION PROCESS
This process will provide public safety practitioners in Internal Affairs, Professional Standards Operations and Administrative Investigations with a method to obtain the highest standards and recognition in these specialized areas of Public Safety. Internal Affairs operations can measure the quality of an agency’s functions and the public’s vision of the agency.
Internal Affairs Officers must provide a role of professionalism that is impartial and knowledgeable in the newest emerging trends and case law affecting administrative investigations. The manner in which the Internal Affairs operations conduct these functions creates an impression to members of the agency and affects the social capital of the public.
QUALIFICATIONS OR PREREQUISITES FOR PROFESSIONAL INTERNAL AFFAIRS CERTIFICATION
There are NO prerequisites for attending the Internal Affairs Certification training or challenging the test for the Professional Internal Affairs Certification at the National Internal Affairs Conference.
Each candidate must attend and successfully pass a 40-Hour Certification Training Course.
- Each candidate must complete the 40-Hour Certification Training Course.
- Each candidate must pass a multiple-choice examination, which will include significant IA/OPS content covered during the Course.
- Each candidate must write a 500-word essay from a list of Internal Affairs subjects provided.
For graduates of the Public Safety Internal Affairs Institute Program (PSIAI) program who would like to maintain current status as a Certified Internal Affairs Investigator/Supervisor, you will be required to attend.
- One Internal Affairs training program during the three (3) year validity period.
- One five-day 40-Hour Professional Internal Affairs Certification Course.
INTERNAL AFFAIRS CERTIFICATION CREDENTIALS
- Certificate of Completion for attending the 40-Hour PSIAI Training Course.
- Certification credential card with your name and certification dates (following successful completion of the PSIAI test and submission of the 500-word essay).
- Certificate with your special designation of Internal Affairs certified.
- Legal updates electronic bulletins.
NOTE: It is NOT Required to Challenge the Certification Test to Attend this Training.